What is eletronic invoicing?
Electronic invoicing consists in the production, transmission and storage of invoices through a standardized and certified digital system aimed at generating documents in the XML (eXtensible Markup Language) digital format, an IT language that allows to define and control the meaning of the elements contained in a document.
- The invoice is originated electronically and subsequently signed digitally
- The digital signature ensures integrity and authenticity to the document
- A further signature and a temporal mark applied subsequently guarantee its preservation in accordance with the dedicated electronic archive
- The electronic invoice is kept for a period of ten years
- Electronic invoices represent an innovative resource for the guarantees of authenticity offered