Making your web site reliable for those who browse is an advantage in terms of image and the first starting point to attract new customers. But now, more than ever, it is also important to gain positions in the research and not be penalized by Google.
For several months, in fact, Google has begun to focus in the search results the sites that have changed the HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) in HTTPS throught a SSL certificate.
What are SSL Certificates?
The SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) digital certificates are protocols that are designed to encrypt the flow of information that are collected from your web site so that any data in transit from your computer to Google, can not be "seen" by other parties .
Why activate a SSL certificate?
SSL certificates (particularly important for e-commerce, but not only) have considerable advantages that ensure visibility, data security, confidence, low costs. Let's find out in detail.
1. VISIBILITY: Promoted because certified
Google, the first among search engines, has clearly declared war on sites considered unsafe, warning that there will be strong penalties from January 2017.
By contrast, the web sites that will have activated a HTTPS using a SSL certificate, they will gain a better placement in the SERP (search engine results page) of Google, resulting in increased visibility and access.
2. DATA SECURITY: The three key points
- Authenticity: the data received from the website are reliable (to ensure the user than any imitations of site to purpose of phishing).
- Integrity: the data have not been altered during the transit.
- Encryption: in case of data interception, during the use of WiFi Networks unprotected (hotels, restaurant, ecc.), these are not readable
3. TRUST: An essential quality
Users who see the green padlock in the address bar, are inclined to have more trust in the site that are browsing and in the company it represent. As a consequence, improve the reputation of brand with positive return in terms of image.
4. COST: also the price has its importance
Today the SSL certificates don't require a dedicated IP, resulting in cost saving.
In addition, the impact on the system has been reduced thanks to technical solutions currently available.
Enable a SSL certificate is no longer a expensive procedure.